Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I owe you one

It appears that my attempt to update more reguarly has not gone so well. I have several weeks worth of information to share. Luckily, (for everyone but me) not much happened so it won't take long to update.

I have been working on the world's worst project for work. Due to circumstances beyond my control I have had to redo almost an entire year's worth of work. Everything from 7-1-06 to 5-18-07 had to be redone. The best part...I had about a week and a half to do it. It was horrible. I can take comfort in the fact that there were people at every Cal State campus doing the same thing but that didn't make it any more fun. I finally finished on Monday and have now been working on everything that I neglected the last to weeks while I was focused on this other project. It is a vicious cycle. So, after that project was done I promptly put in my notice and told my job I would be quitting soon. I tried to have my last day be July 13 but that didn't work for them I guess. So, for now my last day is Sept. 1 but hopefully that will change and I can be out of there sooner. There are a few things that need to happen between now and then so we will see how it all works out.

Walter's last quarter at CSUB started yesterday. He is taking two classes online this summer. The nice part about the online classes is that he doesn't have to drive all the way to Cal State. He can get on the computer at his liesure and take care of his assignments. He will be done sometime in the end of August though we don't know the actual date. I turned in his "Grad Check" yesterday. This is what they use to tell you if you really are done, how your name will be spelled on you diploma, where they will mail your diploma, and so on. I am so proud of him.

Little Walter is doing well. He still refuses to walk because walking is for sissies. Real boys crawl super fast with their mouth wide open and their head down. At least that is how he does it. We are working on the walking thing a little each day but he is still just too afraid to fall. I get that he is tall for his age, but his tushy is only a foot away from the ground. How much damage can he really do?

Other than the walking thing he is just working on growing more teeth. He no longer looks like Nanny McPhee and now has six teeth. He looks like such a big boy when he smiles now. I love it. Of course he bites occasionally, but we are working on that.

There really isn't much else to report. I told you there wasn't much going on. That work project really stopped us from getting anything done.
Here are a few recent pics. In the videos at the bottom you can see him as he helps clean up his tissue paper mess and in the second video you can hear his weird laugh. This is the same laugh he likes to use during church. Very entertaining.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha.... lol, that is the best video of him!! i love his random screeching and yelling. too bad as soon as you asked him if he was helping you clean he stopped instantly:)

BrittanyB said...

umm, maybe those people you work with don't understand the concept of 2 weeks notice, or at will employment, but I think you should educate them. When I turn in two weeks that means I quit!