Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cough, Hack, Whine, Puke, Poop- not necessarily in that order

I just wanted to let you know that there has been a little sickness going around our house. I started it all. Yeah me. I am sure I wasn't actually the first to ever get this horrible, hacking, phlegm-filled junk but I was the first in my house, unfortunately. I have been sick since Monday night, little Walter and big Walter were sick by Wednesday with different ailments. Little Walter get what I have and is still suffering. Big Walter had some stomach thing that tortured him for a few days but is now gone.

I am still waiting for this cough to leave me alone. I am just thankful that my friendly neighborhood pharmacist was kind enough to deliver some cough syrup with codeine. Magic, pure magic.

The worst part of all of this was last night when there was an incident involving a certain 18-month-old, a bath tub, some poop (not mine) and a lot of freaking out (mine). I will not go into details for your sake and mine but I will leave you with a warning. For those of you who don't have kids or haven't had a sick kid yet, you need to know that administering regular doses of Tylenol and Motrin can cause a few, um, bottom problems. It won't always, but it can. This is just a warning; do with it as you please. Well, I am now going to go have codeine-induced nightmares about last night.

Oh, and trust me, you don't want pics in this post.

3 comments:

BrittanyB said...

ah motherhood. . . I think they need to have it on that show "dirty jobs"

Unknown said...

hahaha, thats so funny you say that because just the other night we were at a friends house, and their two year old pooped in the bath tub. apparently it has become habbit for her. lol, gross though! i love that we didn't have to wait 6 months for a post :) great work! keep it up

Brooke said...

We had a horrible bug in our home too. I hope you all get better quickly. Sorry about the tub incident