Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Easter and Stuff

On April 20-22 we took a family vacation to San Francisco. We realized that we rarely do things like this (where we get to run away for a long weekend) so we thought we would give it a try. We had a really nice time. Our hotel was about 2 blocks from Ghiradelli Square and about ¼ mile from Pier 39. We tried to see all of the local sights, while still leaving time for naps.
I think Little Walter’s favorite part was the Aquarium of the Bay. We ended up going twice because it was such a nice activity for him. We also made a trip to Golden Gate park where he was able to play with the 15,000 other kids. I am exaggerating of course, but I couldn’t believe how many kids there were. Maybe it is because I am a big fan of personal space but it didn’t seem to bother anyone else. Oh well, the little guy had a great time.
After we left S.F. we headed to Napa to visit my family. We had a really good visit and a wonderful Easter. Little Walter had a great time looking for Easter eggs. He never ceases to amaze me. I was convinced that he wouldn’t look for the eggs but didn’t want to ruin it for everyone else. Well, how wrong was I? He was running all over the yard. Granted, the eggs weren’t exactly hidden, more like tossed on the lawn, but he still did well.
In house related news, we are working on the backyard. By we I mean Walter only at this point. We have all of the trees out that we plan to remove, we have put down the stuff to kill the grass and weeds, the sprinkler lines are in out back and we will get the ones on the side in this weekend. Walter will sod cut while I am at the Temple with the youth on Saturday. Then next week we will get the sod removed, put in a cement border, put up a fence around the pond and seed the yard. Once the grass is growing (at least 2-3 weeks) we will put plants in bordered area, put up a back fence, put in a shed out back. Then eventually get around to putting up a porch railing on the back porch, building planter boxes for a garden and adding swings to the climbey, slide thing.
Oh, and I want to send a big internet high-five to Thad and Britt on the future baby. I am so proud of myself for keeping the secret. I rock. Oh, and I guess you guys do too.














6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how much this made my day. I was about to start sending you hate mail for not posting anything in weeks!! But, you never cease to suprise me! way to go stef!

Stef (a.k.a. Cuatro's Mom) said...

I impress myself too.

BrittanyB said...

you didn't actually eat at Andersons did you?
and thanks for the high five.
It sounds like at this rate you guys will be done with your yard before we are. All I've got so far is a massive dirt pile and ginormous trench.

Brooke said...

Sounds liek a fun trip!! WE're trying to get to Disneyland...
hopefully it works out :)

ohmygahitsdeb said...

when are you having more chillens?

ohmygahitsdeb said...

the backyard plans sound awesome. I LOVE s.f. and I'm jealous you got to go... Maybe someday I'll go again. :)