Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Great Name Debate

Well, it has taken us 7.5 months but we think we might have picked out a name. It is weird to refer to the baby using a name since I have gotten so used to referring to her as "the baby", "baby sister", "little girl", etc. Now, we do reserve the right to change our minds because we like being indecisive it seems, but we actually both feel really good about this name. And the name is......drum roll, please......Eliza. Full name being Eliza (Ellie) DeLon Ray.
I have liked Eliza for a long time (since high school, maybe) and I think it goes well with Walter as they are both more classic names. The middle name is my grandfather's, mother's and my middle name. I know it is odd, but it's a family name. So, there you have it.
Oh, and if you hate the name could you refrain from letting me know. That would be great. : )

3 comments:

Carianne said...

I like the name and think it goes well with Walter. I am also one for family middle names. Remember one of Isaac's middle names is Zen after my grandpa. Jared hates it and would say, "I'm ZEN from the planet Cripton" All that matters is you like it anyway, but I give my vote. Congrats on a girl. You'll have so much fun!

chloe's clan said...

Ellie is very sweet. I can't wait to see her!

Laura said...

I love the name!!! Katherine and Eliza will be lovely playmates ;)