Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Baby's First Easter

Baby's first Easter wasn't very climactic. We had a lovely day but the baby doesn't understand yet so it wasn't much different than other Sundays.


Walter and I dyed eggs on Saturday night after the baby went to sleep. We really didn't want his help because we knew it would end in a bigger mess than we could handle. We started our Sunday off at church. The baby was grumpy and spent most of the time in the Relief Society Room. He is still teething so he hasn't been his usual chipper self.


After Church we went to Mom and Dad Ray's and did a little Easter Bunny action. Once they arrived home from New Jersey/New York we did an Easter Egg Hunt. All that Little Walter cared about was trying to suck the dye off of one egg. I was more concerned with someone opening their eggs so I could steal their candy.


After the egg hunt was had dinner and settled in for a quiet evening. Like I said earlier, it was a lovely day, but fairly quiet.


Maybe next year we can have the little boy help with egg dying (this thought scares me. Maybe we will dye eggs outside) and he might be slightly interested in searching for eggs. Though I think it will be a few years before he really gets the looking for eggs thing and probably a few years after that before he understands the real reason that we celebrate Easter. I don't know how I will explain the connection between Easter eggs/bunny and the Resurrection since I am still working on that one myself. Oh well, maybe some things are better left unexplained.

I hope you all had a great Easter.

Here is a pic of the boy trying to undye the Easter egg with his slobber.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah, i love walters face in this one. big walter that is. ok so during passover with my favorite jews they did this thing the night before where the "hide" all the bread/leven thats left in the house. they have to turn off all the lights and search for it with a feather and a flashlight/candle (i don't get that one yet) o and a wooden spoon. anyhow, they have to search for the leven and make sure it is all out of the house (then they burn it outside in this wierd firepit thing). anyway, we decided whatever reason they do that (i'm sure its written very litterally in the bible.) but we thought thats why we search for easter eggs.... its a thought.

Stef (a.k.a. Cuatro's Mom) said...

That is hilarious. I can just picture the entire town of Livingston outside with feathers and wooden spoons burning the bread that they found.

Callie said...

I can't believe how big your lil guy is now!