Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I am busy right now canceling my denture order

Yesterday little Walter finally got his first tooth. He has been working on it for almost two weeks now. I was starting to worry about his lack of teeth but I was assured by Corinne (Nurse Practitioner Extraordinaire) that toothless children are not a concern until they are two years old. Exactly what they do with them when they are two I don't know. Luckily, my kid seems to be on his way to actually being able to chew, so I am not worried about it.

The teething process hasn't been too bad. There have been a few rough days. More so for me than him, I think. He was a bit whiny but all in all he was pretty good, I guess. I think it was more traumatizing for me because I am used to him being so pleasant that it is difficult to relate to him when he gets fussy. I seem to have come out of it all okay and the baby came out of it with a tooth so we are doing alright.

There still isn't enough tooth visible for me to get a picture so you will have to wait on that one.

4 comments:

BrittanyB said...

yay teeth! which one came in ? I hope it was a fang ;)

Stef (a.k.a. Cuatro's Mom) said...

Sorry, no fangs. I was a little let down too. It was the bottom, front, left.

Unknown said...

awesome. now he can stand a fighting chance against the monster of a cousin he has :)sorry, my money is still on andi! ;)

BrittanyB said...

as if they are going to use biting as the means of attack! after the last week at mom& dads Andi has mastered the art of kicking things.