Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Best in the West

I figured that I was doing such an awesome job of posting (this makes 6 posts this week) that I should keep going. So, you lucky readers will get to hear about our trip to the fair.
On Monday, Walter, Bradon, Little Walter and I all headed to the great Kern County Fair. In case anyone is wondering what the title of this blog means, it is the theme of the fair this year. I don't necessarily agree that it is the greatest fair in the west but we had a good time none the less.
We started a tradition a few years back of going to the fair for family home evening. It is much less crowded on Monday night so the guys don't have to wait in long lines to get their massive curly chili cheese fry (a.k.a. a heart attack on a plate). We decided to split our eating up this year by visiting various kid attractions. The main reason we go to the fair is the food but we decided that we over did it last year so we enacted a new routine to help avoid this problem.
We started with a philly cheesesteak sandwich for Walter and Bradon. That firemens' booth makes a mean cheesesteak. We then moved to the animals. There are way too many animals for my liking so we stuck to the outskirts to avoid the smell and my son's need to touch EVERY SINGLE ANIMAL. After animals we hit up the funnel cake stand, then the pedal tractors/fake cow you can milk/old farm stuff that you can make music with section, then curly fries with chili and cheese thing, then the other kiddie tents with reptiles and music, then the kids karaoke stage and lastly, my amazing fair cinnamon roll. I wait all year for this thing. mmmmmm.



I think my favorite part of the fair was the karaoke stage. It was for kids 7 and under and little Walter had a blast. He was hesitant to get up at first until he heard two little boys sing the ABCs. Though I do sing the ABCs to him he doesn't really know them yet. He has a few favorite letters that he likes to repeat but on Monday night there was no telling him that he didn't know the song. Not only did he get on the stage in front of everyone to sing it but he got up multiple times and sang with conviction. It was really cute. Here are a few video of the ABCs and one if his drum solo.




This picture is just for Bradon. I convinced him to take a picture milking the cow because it would be cool to have it on the internet. I don't know if it is cool. but it is on the internet.

8 comments:

Rach n Adam said...

I am so impressed with your blogging! Wow! I wish I had fun stuff to write about. The Good ol' fair...we had one here but I didn't go...it's not too exciting! I'm jealous that you got the good food!! Mmmm....

Stef (a.k.a. Cuatro's Mom) said...

You should be jealous. jk. It was stinky at the fair but that cinnamon roll made it all worth it.

Erin said...

So sad I missed the fair! I remember going with John when we were dating and we went on the zipper and just as the guy was closing the door he asked me if I was pregnant!!!!! RUDE!!! I was so mad the rest of the night. Anyway sounds like fun and I wish I had a yummy cinnamon roll!

Carianne said...

Hello my long lost friend! How have you been. I was so excited to come across your blog. Little Walter is a doll and congrats on baby #2. It has been so long. Come check out my blog and see what we've been up to. I have 5 kids now. Awesome huh! It is great! We are living in the southwest currently, but not for long. It was great reading up on you. Tell "Uncle Wally" hello!

Unknown said...

those videos are CLASSIC! You know when he's big and famous those are the videos that will get leaked to the press :)

BrittanyB said...

Niiiiice. Too bad we didn't let all the kids hit up that stage on Wednesday. We could have put on quite the choir concert ;)

SteveSr said...

Raising a young family is the best time ever. We think of you whenever your junk mail comes to our house ( at least I think rebate checks are junk mail)

Meagan said...

love it! sounds like you have quite the adventure with little walter around. :) miss you!