Monday, September 22, 2008

Napa Trip

Let me start out by telling you that there will not be any pictures in this update because I am on the laptop and I am too lazy to get the pictures off the desktop and move them to this computer. I will add pictures later.
Now, to the update...Earlier this month the Walters and I went to Napa for the annual birthday trip. I am pretty sure I mentioned this trip last year, but in case you didn't know this is a trip we take every September to celebrate the family birthdays. My Grandpa's birthday is August 31, my Grandma's is Sept. 3, my mom's is Sept. 6 and Big Walter's is Sept. 20. Every year we head up north, have raviolis and malfottis for birthday dinner, eat too much cake, have pizza from my family's pizza shop, and open presents. Big Walter especially loves this trip because pizza and malfottis are two of his very favorite foods. They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and I agree. If you come to my house with good pizza and malfottis I can almost guarantee that Walter's heart would be bursting with love for you.
We did add something new to our trip this year. We took a trip to Train Town U.S.A. It was pretty fun. The have a miniature train that you ride around whole place. You cross mini bridges, ride past mini cabins with mini animals and eventually stop in a mini town with a petting zoo. Little Walter really liked the animals and even fed them some food. After a few minutes at the petting zoo we loaded back up in the train and rode back to the beginning. After our train ride we took the boy around to some of the amusement rides. He was scared of the rollercoaster but rode like a champ.
After Train Towm we made our way to the park where we were able to feed the ducks. It was so cute to watch the little guy throw the bread and get so excited when the ducks would come up to eat. The bread lasted longer than I thought and we had a really nice time.
The next day we made our way to church with my Great-Grandma and Great aunt and uncle and then drove home. It was a really nice trip. I don't love the drive and I certainly don't love sharing a bedroom with Little Walter, but all in all it was a very nice vacation.

No comments: