Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Sod




Yep, that's right. I got Mother's Day sod in my back yard. Walter and I worked Saturday and got all of the sod laid and it looks marvelous. I really want to go roll in it. Unfortunately, you can't walk on it for a couple days so I guess rolling is probably out too.
The back yard is coming along nicely. We have the border in and the patio done (the picture isn't the best of the patio but I will get another one later), the shed in put up and we have started on the fence around the pond. The white posts you see in the yard are for the fence.
The grass and back yard weren't the only great parts of Mother's Day. In fact, the whole day was lovely. Little Walter slept in until 8am, then Walter made me breakfast and then he and the boy gave me a beautiful new watch that I have been eyeing. After that we headed to church where my kid actually behaved during Sacrament meeting. That was almost magical.
After church we handed out the Mother's Day cakes that we sold as a fundraiser for Young Women's camp. We ended up selling almost 230 cakes. I couldn't believe how well it went. This past week I backed over 200 cakes and am now done with baking cake for, I don't know, the rest of my life. Little Walter was a great help with cleaning up the frosting beaters for me.


For dinner we headed to the Villanueva's and had a lovely meal with their family. There were lots of kids which kept little Walter quite busy.
Now it is Monday and my fun is over and I am back to the same old, same old.
I hope everyone else had a lovely Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

The yard looks awesome...I can't wait until our "parade of yards!"

Brooke said...

Sounds like you had a great mothers day. The yard looks great!!!

LeslieK said...

Ha, sounds like my sister-in-law....she wanted plants for the backyard for Mother's Day, and that's what she got! =)