Monday, May 19, 2008

Family Fun at Knott's


This past weekend we attended Walter's company picnic at Knott's Berry Farm. We would have had an absolutely marvelous time if not for the 100 degree weather. I find it amazing that the terribly hot weather waited for us. Did you know that next weekend it is only supposed to be 72 degrees at Knott's? Did you also know that Knott's does not have misters? That water is $3.77 a bottle? That the one water ride where you actually get wet was closed this weekend? Well, enough about my complaining...


We had a really nice time. We (the Walters, Bradon and I) went down the night before and stayed at the Knott's Berry Farm hotel. We had fun swimming and the boys got to go play basketball in the morning before we headed to the park. I really liked going early and not having to make both legs of the drive in one day.
After we checked out of the hotel we headed to breakfast and then to the park. Little Walter spent about 2 hours during the day napping so that threw off our plans a little but we made due. We rode several rides between the boy's naps. We hit up the ferris wheel, the train and the race cars together. I rode the log ride and Walter went on two of the big coasters during our "you watch the boy so I can ride" times. I don't remember Knott's having so many big coasters but they were great. Of course I probably wouldn't remember considering the last time I was there was about 18 years ago. I had a really fun day with the guys and I am glad we went. I think we will hold off a little while before we go amusement park hopping with the boy, but this little experience was just enough for him and us.


We are now trying to catch back up on out sleep since my kid is fairly horrible when it comes to sleeping at hotels. I love him to death but he needs his own bedroom.


Here are a few pictures from the day.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of him in teh stroller, living the life. . .

Brooke said...

sound like fun!